Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Kid Friendly Garden Fresh Meal!

 Roasted Carrots, corn, and the bruschetta  for mommy! And of course a kid favorite, hot dogs! The kids love corn, and this is the first meal I have made with my corn from the garden. It was small, but it was tasty!
For the carrots, I layed them all out on a baking sheet, drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper and baked them on 375 for 25 minutes, turn and bake another 25 minutes. I don't normally like cooked carrots, but they are super sweet and yummy like this. I may try them in the grill sometime too!

These kids just don't know what they are missing with the bruschetta! They don't like all the herbs and seasonings! Mmmmm! I used my tomatoes, red onion, garlic, and basil from the garden and a little salt and pepper! My favorite!

This boy loves his corn, he ate two!
Today, I was very excited to pick a 1.5 pound Brandywine from the garden! These are some big tomatoes, I have never grown this variety and I will definitely again. Maybe another color too! This one may get used on some tacos for dinner tonight!
Hope you are having some good garden meals this week!

2 comments:

  1. Good eating! :) And a pound and a half sized tomato? Holy smokes. I'd want to put it on a shelf and admire it instead of eat it, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum~~~the bruschetta look delish.
    I didn't like carrots until I started roasting them, now I would eat raw homegrown carrots but not store variety.

    ReplyDelete