Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dynamite Crape Myrtle...it is not!

I have been away on vacation with my kids for several days and need to catch up on my blogs. For those who have left comments, thanks for your encouragement and interest!
****
We planted this tree in April, it was suppose to be a Dynamite Crape Myrtle...RED! This is surely not red! Though it is still a beautiful Crape Myrtle, I do not know what variety. I am very happy to say that the company we ordered from (Willis Orchard) is going to send us a new tree in the fall! I am very happy about that and it was not any trouble at all (so far)! They were very kind. I am sure it was a simple mistake since the tree had no leaves or buds on it when we got it.
But now I have to figure out what I am going to do...am I going to move this tree to put the Dynamite in it's place or find a new place for the Dynamite! This tree is right in front of our house and can be seen from the living room window. I really wanted that bright red view! But this one is pretty too. Plus the front door is painted red and I have red and white flowers in the front. Hmm! I guess I have a couple of months to decide! I really am surprised it is even blooming since this is its first year in the ground!





****
In other gardening, I have been contemplating whether I should start a fall veg garden or not. I am going into my 3rd trimester and feeling it and the summer garden is being neglected. So, maybe I will just wait till next year, unless DH wants to be of more help in the garden, but he does not feel confident where gardening is involved. He doesn't know the plants, he doesn't know the bugs, he doesn't know the diseases...and he is amazed at the things I know and have learned in the past 2 years. He just doesn't have the time to learn except by experience. We don't have much time left to decide. So, maybe if he wants to continue having some fresh veggies on the table, he will help. They do taste better! We'll see!

2 comments:

  1. What about not doing a full blown garden, but only in a limited area and just things that are easy to tend to with no major pest problems. It may make you feel peaceful when nothing else will work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just take it easy, Shawn Ann. Take care of yourself and the wee one to come. Ribbit has the right idea, a small area with something easy to grow, maybe a nice variety of lettuces. You'll have plenty of time next year to garden.

    ReplyDelete