Friday, October 26, 2012

Happy Birthday to my baby!

This time I did a Frozen Buttercream Transfer  on the cake for the first time and I am quite happy how it turned out!
I taped a reverse picture to a glass cutting board and taped wax paper over it and outline the picture in black frosting with a number 1 tip. Then I began filling in all the colors, 7 in all.

Then I topped the entire thing with a layer of buttercream frosting and layed another piece of wax paper over it and smoothed it very slightly, then put it in the freezer over night.

I mixed two box mixes together, Pillsbury Strawberry and chocolate and ran a toothpick through it to give it a marbled look. It turned out great but forgot to take a pic of it coming out of the oven.

Completed cake. I turned the frozen buttercream picture over onto the frosted cake and frosted around the edges. I think it turned out great!

I'm 3! (Good morning birthday boy!)


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to the darling three year old! Great job on making that cake! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, Eli is three years old! It doesn't seem possible, time flies by so quickly. Happy birthday, big boy! That sure is a neat cake your Mommy made for you!

    ReplyDelete