Saturday, July 18, 2009

The invited and the UNinvited!

In one flower I found a visitor I had hoped for and one I DID NOT! The dreaded striped cucumber beetle...oh and this was not the only one. I have killed LOTs of them the past couple of days...hiding in the flowers and in the intertwined watermelon and cucumber leaves. They are not easy to find! If anyone knows a better way to get rid of them please share! I am trying to be as organic as possible...I WANT those bees!

Oh he is so welcomed!

Here is that little bugger by himself.


And here is one Ikilled being eaten by itty bitty ants not even 5 minutes after I killed him! I guess those ants could be good for something!
There appears to be many more bees this morning after putting the Monarda 'Pink Lace' and the Liatris Spicata out there. Just what I was hoping for!

1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh at the picture of the ants going to work! Good to keep 'em around for somethin, huh? lol

    ReplyDelete