Monday, July 30, 2018

Harvest Monday July 30, 2018

I have been away on vacation. We spent some time in Pensacola at Fort Pickens beach  watching Blue Angels practice 

 
Then we went on a wonderful Disney cruise with the In Law family.
View from Cast Away Cay, Disney Island.
While away the harvesting did not wait for me! I returned some piles on the counter and some was used by my caretaker and given away to friends while I was away.


 Belgium Giant

First of the Chinese noodle beans, The garlic which was also planted late and some onions

Some tiny onions cause I planted too late.





 I took the kids to Idle Wild Butterfly farm in Lousiville. The Rue was just covered in Giant Swallowtail caterpillars. I went and bought 4 Rue plants for myself this week because I WANT THESE!  Rue is a host plant but mainly citrus is a host plant for them more south.
 A few of my beautiful sunflowers! Love them!

 This one appears to have no background but this is up against the sky, it is a good 7-8 feet tall!

Hope you are having a fantastic garden week! 
Come follow me on intstagram 
@shawnannshomeandgarden

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an enjoyable trip! I've seen the Blue Angels before in Evansville and they always put on an amazing show. Looks like you are getting a lot of summer veggies from the garden too. I love those Chinese noodles beans too, they remind me of a big black-eyed pea pod. Your onions might be small but you got more that I did - mine were a total bust! At least you got some usable onions. That's a great shot of the caterpillar too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave! Yes those tiny onions were pungent and useful for a meal!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful harvests. And the best part? Someone did them for you! Where can I sign up for that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha I have an eager young boy next door who takes care of things while I'm gone! He's still learning but I take joy in knowing he enjoys it!

      Delete
  3. I see what you mean about your onions but you make up for it with the tomatoes. Your Blue Angels must be the equivalent to our Red Arrows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it has anything to do with airplanes or fighter jets my husband would know about it. He is addicted to the noise! Ha ha!

      Delete