Monday, May 19, 2014

Harvest Monday 5/19

It has been a while since I have participated in the Harvest Monday hop at Daphne's Dandelions. I thought maybe I would jump in with today's harvest. Not much variety, but a good bunch of spinach and lettuce that I am pleased to be getting in abundance. I attempted to make my own creamed spinach the other day with the bags I had pulled in then, but I wasn't too happy with it. If you have a good creamed spinach recipe, please share!
Spinach and Lettuce

My daughter had herself a plant stand sale instead of the typical lemonade stand. She made $16 in 1 1/2 hours. I'm pretty sure that is way better than a lemonade stand! ;) She still has more to sell too. Hopefully there are still folks looking for some tomato plants.
Happy Harvesting!

8 comments:

  1. Creamed spinach is my favorite! Here's my (yummy, but not completely "healthy") recipe:
    Several cups finely chopped cooked spinach.
    Basic white sauce:
    2 tablespoons butter
    2 tablespoons flour
    1 cup milk
    Melt butter on low temp. Stir in flour slowly. Keep stirring until the mix no longer has a raw flour taste. Slowly stir in milk with a whisk. Keep whisking until fairly thick.
    Add white pepper, garlic powder, onion powder to your preferences, and add a dash or two of nutmeg.
    Blend in spinach and heat through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely harvest. Sadly I've never made creamed spinach so can't help you out. I hope you find a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never made creamed spinach so no help there. I love your daughters plant stand idea. Good for her and for you in encouraging her! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a really great read, appreciation for taking the time to put it together! Touched on some very good...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing the post.kindly visit us

    ReplyDelete