Saturday, February 2, 2013

Homemade Microwave popcorn

Have you tried making your own homemade popcorn with your own garden harvest? I had heard about it and thought I would give it a try. I put about a 1/4 cup of popcorn, I had Robust from my garden and Crimson Jewel from a local store here. I put it in the only paper bag I had left, and taped it closed. I cooked it for about a minute and 30 seconds, and added a small bit of butter and a dash of salt.



It went over so well the family went through two bowls and my daughter complained that the rest of the family were not sharing with her (she was holding the bowl!)

2 comments:

  1. I bought some popcorn and some paper bags but have not tried to do it yet in the micro. What kind of tape did you use to tape it shut? Suppose to be healthier than the boughten microwave stuff. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, I just used plain scotch tape. It was so easy! Give it a try! ;)

      Delete