Monday, January 14, 2013

A winter Harvest Monday

Well, this Harvest Monday is almost over, but what the heck, I'll get in on this Harvest Monday. 
Not harvesting much at all, a little cilantro for a meal and some spinach a couple of times.
I got a new pizza stone that I have been putting to use. This is a chard and feta whole grain crust pizza. It was very good! Love my new pizza stone. Gives us nice crispy crusts! I used chard from my frozen harvest.
One of my little spinach harvests.

And I made this little skirt today for my little flower. They are celebrating 100 days of school soon and I am going to use the same material to make a longer granny style skirt to look like they are 100 years old. How fun. We never did stuff like that when we were younger!
 Head on over to Daphne's Dandelions for some other winter harvests.

4 comments:

  1. Your little skirt is cute and how fun to celebrate 100 days of school. Your pizza sure looks yummy and your spinach looks good too. We appreciate things more maybe when there is less!Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about getting a pizza stone for a while and on reading this I definitely think its time to invest in one. That pizza looks delicious and the combination of ingredients sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Liz, I also got a new bread machine for Christmas too. I have been using them both like crazy. And of course using the bread machine to make my pizza dough. I think the stone is definitely worth it. I could never get a crust that was not soggy before. Now I can pick up my pizza and eat it without a fork! I know, uncivilized ;)

      Delete
  3. We have a pizza stone and it works well. Also good for biscuits and shortbread. Chard and feta, sounds great.

    ReplyDelete