Monday, November 12, 2012

Harvest Monday 11/12

I didn't post last week because there simply isn't much going on in the garden except maybe a bit of an overhaul.
This was last weeks harvest

This weeks harvest. All these peas went into and orange chicken stir-fry for dinner last night.

2 new 8 foot beds! I transplanted the pak choi here and planted my garlic. Hope the pak choi survives its move, it just wasn't getting enough sun in its previous location.

This 4X4 bed has been covered to try to extend the harvest a bit longer. These are the purple snap peas.

and at the bottom of the covered bed there are about 8 spinach plants and 4-5 lettuce plants and one cilantro. They are all quite small still but hopefully will give us something. Something kept eating them down to the ground before I got the cover on, now they have some protection from not just the cold but the critters!


7 comments:

  1. Congrats on those new beds!!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great new bed addition! Lucky you have a new place to plant in. Everyone's fall and winter harvests are getting lighter, but we should all take pleasure in having something fresh to harvest during the dark days of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to have new garden beds! Oh I know all about critter problems, there's always something under cover in my garden to protect them from munching rodents. At the moment it's my attempt (probably failed) to get some fall snap peas. Maybe they'll survive to give me a spring crop...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomatoes and peas! Lucky you! I live in the woods, so critters are a huge problem here too. The worst for me are the underground ones, the voles. It's hard to keep them out. Congratulations on the new growing beds, may the give you lots of new harvests!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those purple snap peas! Great new garden beds, do you lay newspaper down first before you add the soil to the new beds ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you keep adding beds to your garden. Those purple peas look fantastic - I will have to seek them out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your still lucky to be getting some veggies! Nice new beds. Nancy

    ReplyDelete