Monday, November 22, 2010

Harvest Monday-Coming down to the End

It is coming close to the end of our 2010 garden. I'll probably be picking the rest of the lettuce here soon, and the Chard is about done. I'm still hoping for more peas and some sugar snap peas, and some spinach but they are coming along slowly and there really isn't much. The garden looks bare.
Yesterday, I picked a bit of lettuce and a bit of chard and a few peas. That's it for this week!
Last week I canned up those last tomatoes and what wouldn't fit in the jars I made some soup for DH. First time I ever made tomato soup, but he said he liked it. I steamed up some carrots, added some basil and garlic and chicken broth and put it all in the Magic Bullet! Nice and smooth and creamy.
This weeks Harvest:
1 small bunch lettuce
1 small bunch chard
4 pea pods.
Check out Daphne's Dandelions to see what other gardeners are harvesting this week!
Happy Harvesting!
ETA:
I did have a few more tomatoes ripening up. 

10 comments:

  1. haha - magic bullet! We haven't been eating tomatoes for a month as they have all been put down in teh deep freeze, but I made a cramy white bean and parsnip soup this week - I used an immersion blender though :)

    Love your slideshow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stevie, ya, I do love my Magic Bullet, but I still think I would love to have an immersion blender too! It would be much easier for big jobs, like when canning! Magic Bullet can only do little jobs! This was only one bowl of soup! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, I just love home made tomato soup. I make a tomato tarragon soup in the winter that is just wonderful. You really need to ask Santa for an immersion blender....once you have one you will wonder how you lived without it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tomato soup looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tomato soup, yes yes yes! And I'm with Robin, tarragon is fabulous in tomato soup. That's the best thing about cold weather, slurping lots of soup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tomato soup looks very good!

    I like seeing what we all are growing, even if the quantity is small. The fact is, we're the ones growing it! That's reason to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess I'll have to grow some Tarragon next year!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum tomato soup. That would be good right now. I'm freezing. I need something to warm me up.

    ReplyDelete