Friday, August 13, 2010

This one’s for my Dad!

2009 Harvest
2009 harvest
2010 Harvest collage
Harvest 2010
In February my dad and I took a trip together, which was the first time we have spent any length of time together since I was a kid. We live in different states.  We talked a bit about gardening, and I told him about my garden that I was trying to keep as organic as possible without pesticides or synthetic fertilizers. He told me, “one day you’ll learn how to garden.”
So, how am I doing so far? Oh and the season isn’t over yet! I still have plenty more harvesting to do. I still have the rest of my summer crops and a fall crop coming! But as you can see from 2009 to 2010 my harvest has grown. Next year I plan to add even more variety to my garden.
I am pretty sure this proves that my gardening methods and skills work just fine! ;) Sometimes it is hard to believe your kids can grow up and do things all on their own and in their own way, but we do just fine.
Happy Gardening!

2 comments:

  1. Shawn Ann, those collages are so beautiful and perfectly captures your harvests. I especially love the obvious progress you've made between 2009 and 2010, and you're not even done with 2010 yet! I would say that you're doing more than just fine with your garden.

    ReplyDelete