Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Huber Farm and the Goods!

A Classic Car show was going on at Joe Huber’s last weekend. We got to enjoy a few, but there was just so much to do, we didn’t have time to see many.

IMG_1687 

The tractor ride out to the strawberry fields.

IMG_1690

A view of the apple orchard. One of them anyways…

IMG_1691

Kids in the strawberry fields having a good ole time!

IMG_1694 IMG_1695

Here we are pickin…

IMG_1699 

The goods…

IMG_1709

Playtime! The kids really enjoy this 40 ft slide from the top of the barn.

IMG_1713

My first attempt at making preserves and canning by myself! I made a big mess!

IMG_1729

But it smelled SO good!

IMG_1730

I am so proud of myself that 11 of the 12 jars sealed!  We decided to just use the 12th jar. It does taste really good, but they turned out a bit soupy. Still, I feel proud for my first try!

 IMG_1734

Some other goods from the farm, cantaloupe , corn, small red potatoes,  and these peaches which I cooked and pureed for baby! He loves them. I pureed some cantaloupe too and he liked it as well!

IMG_1735 IMG_1739

From my own garden, I have cleaned it up a bit and harvested a few things. I cleaned out the peas after one last little bit for Daisy. She inhaled them.

IMG_1682_1 IMG_1685

I also took out about 8 bunches of Chard and the rest of the broccoli and some cauliflower. We had the Chard for dinner tonight and it was good. I have one more bag left for another meal.

IMG_1733_1

My daughter ate up all the broccoli and cauliflower, and I am glad she liked it cause the cauli was NASTY! Don’t know if it is cause it has gotten too hot and it is about to bolt or what, but it was gross. But she ate practically every bit! It also isn’t too appetizing when you find a dead worm in it either! EWWWWW! Glad to know the BT works, but wish they wouldn’t be stuck in the heads. I thought I washed it good, but apparently not good enough. Glad she didn’t find it! The broccoli was good though.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like everyone had a great time at the strawberry fields. I love strawberry jam. If it ended up too thin you can always just use it as a syrup over pancakes or waffles. That would be delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did have a good time, thanks. And I am sure all those preserves will be put to good use! ;)

    ReplyDelete