Tuesday, April 27, 2010

2nd post-a few garden pics

I couldn’t help myself. I had to add a second post today since I was able to get outside and take some pictures during our break in the rain.

My big ole pot of strawberry plants is looking quite healthy. I think I would like to come up with a different plan for these so I can grow more. I am excited to get a few strawberries this year.

IMG_1122_1

Oh how beautiful these new Dahlia’s are in my garden. I just love the colors.  They seem to be in a group, so I am thinking about separating them to have a few more around. IMG_1123 IMG_1125

This bed is doing quite well with all the rain. I may be able to start picking some spinach and lettuce leaves quite soon. This is my first successful planting of Spinach, lettuce, peas and onions.  I may add some more lettuce and chard in the center where it looks a bit bare. Animals have been digging there!IMG_1126

Cabbage, broccoli, Cauliflower are looking quite healthy! Yay! I did not have a successful harvest of any of these last year. This year, I am keeping them covered the entire time!IMG_1127

One of my Fire Star Dianthus. I really like it. Disappointed to find out that they only bloom in the spring and maybe, if  I trim them right, in the fall as well. Oh well, I’ll just have to plant my splurges over the summer in there with them to get more color! IMG_1128My “ in the moment splurges” last year died sadly. Pink Lace Monarda, Lime Rock Ruby Coreopsis, and another one. I didn’t have space for them and I was very pregnant and therefore, they never got planted. I intend to find the Monarda and the Coreopsis again this year. I really liked them. So I will be on the lookout.

Hope everyone is enjoying the new gardening season!

No comments:

Post a Comment