Monday, April 11, 2011

It's a Rainy Day...

So I have my seeds out, my graph paper out, books, etc and I am making layouts and gluing carrot seeds to napkins (as suggested by Annie's Granny). This did not work out well for me last time, but I am going to give it a shot again and hope it works. I think it was just too hot and dry last time.

Over the weekend DH filled my 2 new boxes and I began transplanting and moving things around. He topped everything off with a little bit of Zoo Poop! Composted of course! We'll see how the zoo poop works for us. Every year in the spring the Louisville Zoo has it's "Zoo Poopy Doo" event to sell compost and mulch as part of a celebration for the Earth. This year is April 2, 9, and 16 if you want to get in on it.

 It's all wet and muddy out in the garden right now though. I drew up the layout and where I am planning to plant everything that can be found under Garden Layout and Plans  <--here or above. It won't be long and it will be all filled in! Hooray for spring! Even rainy days...

3 comments:

  1. You have to keep the carrot seeds damp until they sprout. That's easy to do if you sprinkle them well, then cover them with boards. After a few days, check under the boards to make sure it's still damp, and at the first sign of green growth, remove the boards for good. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoo Poopy Doo...that's great! This year I have lovely mixture of horse, cow, rabbit and chicken. So far so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also using Granny's method for carrots. I did it also on Monday! I hope it works for both of us!

    ReplyDelete