Saturday, May 30, 2009

Today's work in the garden

The whole family was working in the yard today. 3 yr olds included...he he! Busy transplanting, mowing, weeding, covering etc.
More lilies are blooming and they sure are lovely! This one hardly looks touched by the bug or fungus that is getting some of the other ones. Isn't it lovely!
Daisy and Jacob's first Pumpkin plants. They are doing good so far. They did so good, they even filled the whole pot with potting soil all by themselves.

A veiw of the veggie garden. Gotta keep the critters out! Already have had two bell pepper plants and a tomato plant eaten to the stub! Cat or bunny I think!

Some of it is growing well. Clark said "did we start all of this?" All but a couple of things! All from seed! Feels good even though some of it is behind! Hopefully it will still do ok. I had to start over again after my cats ate my first seedlings! I started some Acorn squash seeds in here today too.

Clark's Giant Pumpkin box (Dills Atlantic)! The giant pumpkins are on the right. On the left is Ambrosia Melon and Sugar pumpkin. I might plant some flowers between them.

I know, you can barely see some of it but it is there! There are some tiny Habanero's, and some tiny Cilantro mixed among the tomotoes, watermelon, Cucumbers, etc. The vining stuff goes on the end so we can put them on a support that is not yet built!

A surprise in one of the flower beds. I had planted Nasturtium there last year, I did not know any would come back. I am pretty sure they are annual so it must have seeded itself! That's ok! I'll keep it! I almost shoveled over it so I hope I didn't do it any damage. Clark says he is amazed at all the plant names and bug name I know now! Lots of reading! I am no expert yet, but maybe someday!
Clark was working on putting new hinges and latches on the gate! Gotta keep those kids locked in! They are sneaky!



No comments:

Post a Comment