Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pests and Diseases!

Flea beatle?


Is it doing this or is this a slug? I got a lot of those too.


My Lilies have multiplied this year and I still have no idea what kind they are. They really do start out lovely but the same as last year, something attacked them, a fungus maybe, not sure. I would be glad to know though if anyone can help. By the end of last year they really did look pitiful and I did not think they would return. But they did...and multiplied. I only started with about 5 maybe. I transplanted them from another part of the yard where I found them hiding.



I see the slug, and the spider web. Hope it is a good spider and not a mite.


So close to blooming I can't wait!


1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your garden pests. I'm having a hairy day with mine too... I'm borrowing a book, "Garden Insects of North America" by Whitney Cranshaw, and I think you're right. They look like potato flea beetles. This is a *great* book, as long as you can take looking at some of the nasty bugs! Definitely don't want to eat while glancing through this one! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete