Saturday, June 16, 2012

Labeling and Harvesting

 My garden will need to be looked after a couple of times this summer. I had lots of extra scrap pieces of wood so I thought I would make labeling stakes big enough they wouldn't miss them! :)
I already know I am going to miss some good stuff this up coming trip, and things are just starting to come on strong! The beans look crazy full, and I hope to get some zucchini before the SVBs do. I have already scraped a ton of SVB eggs off the summer squash plants! Think I should get a hard tooth brush to brush off all the stems. They like to lay the eggs on the bottom of the stems where you can't see them very well. And also on the flower buds where you wouldn't think to look. Very small, copper colored eggs, only one egg, not in groups like the squash bug, which I have not seen yet...if only they would never come!
The label says it!

There are also beans on the edges of the bed as well.

Harvested my last 2 heads of lettuce yesterday. I think these two went longer because they had a decent amount of shade during the day! I did go ahead and plant some more lettuce in their place that is "suppose" to be heat tolerant. Doesn't hurt to try. I figure if these did well in that spot in the heat, more heat tolerant ones will too!

The first Zucchini! Doing better than last year already! And, maybe we'll have enough beans for a dinner now after I add these to yesterdays!
My twins are now six, and  my little one is now 2 1/2. My daughter and little one love to be outside, they could stay outside all day! This is good because it not only gives me the chance to work out in the garden, it pushes me to get out there more as well. It was more difficult the last couple of years getting out there for very long with the little one. We will see if it is good for the garden or not ;) Too much attention isn't always a good thing!
One of these days I am gonna get in on Monday's harvest with Daphne again, I just have been so busy and keep forgetting!

2 comments:

  1. Your garden and harvest look great! Especially those raspberries.

    Can little Eli be 2-1/2 already? It seems like such a short time ago that he was born.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gek inzichtelijke bericht. Was het maar zo makkelijk om een ​​aantal van de oplossingen te implementeren zoals het was om te lezen en mijn hoofd knikken op elk van uw punten
    http://goo.gl/XJYkb

    ReplyDelete