Sunday, February 13, 2011

Seed Planting updates

So today was in the lower 60's and a great day to get outside to do a few things. I was excited to get to put some use to my new gardening shoes I got for Christmas! Ladybugs.
DH not only wrote me a beautiful poem for Valentines Day but got me a pop up greenhouse as well!
I tucked some of my seedlings in there, 3 packs of peas, and a pack of spinach. Hope they do alright out there. I didn't harden them. Eh, they are better direct planted anyways, so if they don't make it, I was going to direct seed anyways. But I wanted to make some room in my indoor greenhouse for some more warm weather seedlings and some of the peas were getting too tall for my shelves and lights. I'll plant them in here in a few days when it gets warmer in there, because it is suppose to be a very nice week! 50s and 60s, yippee!
I also decided to follow some fellow bloggers in winter sowing, even though there hopefully is not much winter left! Hope, hope, hope...
I have broccoli, cabbage, Cauliflower, Kale, Chard and Pak Choi in these. 
And warning to my fellow gardeners who are as "smart" as I am. I was using a razor blade on these and got distracted and slipped and sliced a thumb. Yep, 7 stitches. So be careful! Needless to say, I used scissors and a drill to finish them up!
Happy Seeding!

No comments:

Post a Comment