Thursday, December 30, 2010

DDC Week 4-Chicken and green beans

Between Christmas and being sick this week, we really had a throw together whatever we could find meal. I had gotten a whole Chicken at the Bardstown Road Farmers Market from Schacht farm the last time I was there. I had planned to go to the farm nearby to get some spinach and something else to have a spinach and goat cheese stuffed chicken, but, seems all farms and farmers markets are closed until January. So, I threw the chicken in the crockpot and added some frozen green beans from my garden and that was dinner! Simple and not really enough! Ahh, better plan better next time!
The chicken was very tender and the whole thing fell apart at the touch of a utensil. But, it was a bit dry. Not the best of my dark days meals. Looks good though, doesn't it? Well, I have many more chances to come up with something great! I'll just keep trying!

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from rainy Southern California.

    I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to :-)

    May God bless you and your family in 2011 ~Ron

    And always remember: Smiles don't have to be saved for a rainy day. It's good to waste them :-)

    ReplyDelete