Friday, January 7, 2011

DDC Wk 5-Ribeye and Green Beans w/ Dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Butter

Yes, green beans are getting a bit old. The farmer's market and the farm are still closed, until tomorrow. This week I was lucky enough to get some meat from a friend who has her own farm. They had a cow butchered recently and she knew of the challenge I was doing and offered a couple of cuts to me!
Since I was not able to get any other vegetables it was frozen green beans from our garden again with our steak and I really needed to think up something good to do with our meal. Looked online for some ideas and came up with my little butter and goat cheese concoction.  
I had these dried Juliet tomatoes just looking for a use! So, I put some butter(margarine) and goat cheese in the food processor with some garlic. Put some oil on the tomatoes and popped in the microwave for 30 seconds, then added it to the food processor. It turned out super yummy! I loved it! I think dh thought I put too much garlic in it, but seriously, can you ever have too much garlic? Ahh, maybe. I put it on some plastic wrap and rolled it up and put it in the fridge to solidify. Then put a slice on the ribeye and a slice on the beans.  Wonder what else I can do with it?
I got the goat cheese a few weeks ago at the farmers market from Capriole Farm. I did not make my own butter...though that is something I would be interested in learning to do at least once! It wasn't real butter anyways, just a vegetable oil spread.

I am finding myself dreaming of spring and all the new seeds I will be starting. I can hardly wait to get them started. The seed catalogs have been out, I got a gift certificate for Johnny's and I have already used it and I am impatiently awaiting the package in the mail! So much new stuff this year! Been working on plans for the garden as well. Trying to use my "Carrots Love Tomatoes" book to plan my companion plantings in hopes of reducing the pests this year! We'll see how it goes.
The farmer's market and the farm open up again tomorrow! I will be glad to have something other than green beans to show you!

No comments:

Post a Comment