Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Long overdue update

I guess an update is long overdue! I have been slacking big time on the blog and a bit on the garden too. It is now going pretty well, but a lot of it is behind, like the tomatoes. I did not do any seedlings inside this year. I planted several seeds directly and bought a few things at the store. I planted some tomatoes seeds directly so I will probably be salivating over everyone else's tomatoes while I am still waiting for mine! But I am sure I will get plenty! I did buy a Chocolate Cherry tomato plant and an Early girl. Gotta get a few early ones so I don't die of jealousy while you all are harvesting pots of tomatoes!

I did not photo two boxes because they are all covered up trying to protect them from the critters. Can't see much anyway!
beans are closest, with one little sunflower that my daughter planted in her impatient excitement before I could tell her where I wanted her to plant them. Behind that is a few pepper plants and chard that made it through the winter. Some other chard did too, but it bolted last week. In the far smaller/deeper box is sweet potatoes and a couple of cucumber plants.

The raspberries are going crazy, and I can't wait for them! The 8X3ft box is just full!

Here I have a lot of garlic, potatoes, carrots, and a few tiny and very late tomato plants.  The potatoes were started around Easter and most are about a foot tall now if you can see them behind the garlic. The garlic is getting scapes already! With the super mild winter they grew big and fast, at least on top, I hope they are the same underneath!


A view from the window. I can't wait for it to be overflowing. It won't be long. I am having to fight off critters. Maybe bunnies or deer. So far it has eaten a small 2yr old blueberry bush, strawberry plants, squash plants, a tomato plant, some sweet potato plants, beans, and that is what I know of! Been trying to cover or fence things off. Chased a bunny off a few times. Hopefully we will get it under control. Gonna be sure to cover the corn right away after I get it planted! Which will be very soon!

Oh I love my lilies! They are multiplying every year! And I love it! They are so beautiful! Wish they would bloom all summer! And, since the big maple tree is gone in the front, I think I will transplant a few up front and let them multiply up their too! I started with maybe 5 about 5 years ago!
This is on the side of the house. The lilies are doing well there too. They bloomed first here.

And the Herb pot is doing very well. 3 Thyme plants, a Rosemary squished in the middle front and an Oregano plant squished in there too. The thyme just goes crazy! I should cut down to one, I will never use this much thyme! And it was cut back recently! Glad it is in a pot! (If any friends want one, just tell me!)

I hope everyone is having great success with your gardens so far! Can't wait to see the beautiful summer harvests!

1 comment:

  1. gek inzichtelijke bericht. Was het maar zo makkelijk om een ​​aantal van de oplossingen te implementeren zoals het was om te lezen en mijn hoofd knikken op elk van uw punten
    http://goo.gl/XJYkb

    ReplyDelete