Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Chard Noodles

I had an abundance of Chard yesterday that needed a purpose! I had made spinach pasta noodles before for a recipe and I thought why not try chard!

I cooked the chard slightly, then pureed it. Mixed it together with about 5 or 6 eggs and a lot of flour! Rolled it out across the counter as thin as I could get it. Wish I had a pasta press!


Then roll it and slice it. It took me forever to slice these, the roll I had was about 2 feet long, I sliced about 1/4 inch slices and then unrolled them and lay them out on sheet pans. Again, wish I had a pasta press! I put them in the freezer and today I will vacuum package them.

I used the scrappy edges of the roll for dinner last night. My daughter LOVED them! Her twin doesn't care much for any pasta so I wasn't surprised at his response. But the youngest seemed to like them just fine too. They look like green beans here don't they? ;)
So, something new! I think we will be hooked up on pasta for a while!

2 comments:

  1. YUM!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting, that's a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gek inzichtelijke bericht. Was het maar zo makkelijk om een ​​aantal van de oplossingen te implementeren zoals het was om te lezen en mijn hoofd knikken op elk van uw punten
    http://goo.gl/XJYkb

    ReplyDelete