Thank you to Rachel at GrafixMuse's Garden Spot and Amy at Gardening With Care who have both given me the Meme award. If it is ok, I am only going to do this one time though and know that others who I choose will have already been chosen and hopefully will not feel obligated to do it again (if that is how it works), and will just feel honored!
The funny thing is, I don't read a whole lot of garden blogs but theirs are 2 out of those that I read most. I feel like I am in a similar place in my gardening experiences and it is nice to learn together! Thanks for thinking of me!
So, here are the Meme award guidelines:
1. Link back to the person who gave you the award
2. Reveal 7 things about yourself
3. Tag 7 other bloggers at the end of your post and link to them
4. Let each blogger know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. Let the tagger know when your post is up.
7 things about me...
1. I am having my third baby, a boy, the end of next month. Needless to say, I have not been to my garden a whole lot lately! My first two are 3 yr old boy and girl twins! I am not totally crunchy, but I did and will agin make my own baby food this time. And I made my own cloth diapers for the twins, but will buy most of what I need for the new baby. Some really cute ones too! Who knew what CUTE diapers were out there! But this time around I am too tired and too busy to make my own!
2. I have lived in MI, TN, TX, KY.
3. I am somewhat of a perfectionist...which does not go very well with gardening, since gardening comes with all kinds of little annoyances like bugs and diseases and failures! But I am also very persistent as well, once I set my mind to something I am very determined to accomplish it. And gardening gives such a sense of accomplishment! I like that!
4. I am VERY shy, but talk too much...I know, it doesn't make sense. But once I warm up to someone, I will talk your ear off! Even telling you the same story several times! That is why blogging comes easy for me cause I can talk away and not feel the intimidation I feel as most shy ppl do.
5. I have two cats, Cassie and Charlot, who are terribly neglected since children have entered the picture. They use to be the babies, and boy were they spoiled. There was a time that they couldn't get away from me fast enough, and now they take every chance they get to get right up in my face and hang out there!
6. I have been married to a wonderfully helpful man for more than 7 years. There aren't a lot of good ones out there, but he is one of them! He really takes care of his family, and enjoys and loves his children....and their mommy!
7. I absolutely HATE cold weather! I am not saying I love it hot, but I can tolerate hot way more than I can tolerate cold. I would never ever live in MI again, way too cold for me and the snow lasts way too long! Though I do enjoy taking my kids out to play in a good snow now and then. But once or twice a year is more than enough for me!
Now, onto my list of Blogs that I would like to pass the Meme award to. In no particular order, these are some of my regular reads...again, if you have already gotten an award don't feel obligated to do all this again. Just enjoy the recognition!
Our Engineered Garden in addition to his gardening talents he does some beautiful building projects!
Annie's Kitchen Garden I love her experienced advice and the recipes and she loves to tempt us with her culinary creations for dinner every night! And I am so jealous of her beautiful and huge garden!
These next 4 I like because they use similar approaches to gardening and seem to be at the same level of gardening experience as I am and we can learn together...and they are just plain nice ppl!
The Corner Yard
Tales of a Transplanted Gardener
The Home Garden: Gardening in the Home Landscape This is a great resource for me for gardening! I love all the tips, projects, plant knowledge, etc that he shares with everyone! And he lives in the same town as my mom!
Sorry if I don't have a lot of new blogs to introduce here. I don't regularly read too many, and these in addition to the two that tagged me are the ones I read the most.
I enjoy reading all these blogs because it is nice to share the experience, the accomplishment, the failures, and to find fresh ideas and insight!